Hello everyone. I have some really sad news to report. I received an email from Brian Baker’s friend for over 20 years and was told that this past Thursday, Brian suffered a set of massive strokes and is essentially brain dead. Medical staff does not expect him to survive, but the family is looking for a second opinion.

Brian joined the Lou Trek Show as a listener who came upon the show and liked what he heard. He joined us for show 103 on June 8th 2011 and for the next almost three years has been a steadfast friend and huge lover of all things Trek. I’ve said this before, Brian sort of inserted himself into the show. Before I knew it, I was receiving Skype messages that he was ready to record. At first I thought it was presumptuous for him to assume he was a regular member of the show, but didn’t have the heart to tell him otherwise. Later I was thankful it happened as he was a loyal host and a generous friend.

I will update this in comments when I learn more, but please give your thoughts and prayers for Brian, his family and for the next journey he may find himself on. Thank you Brian for being a part of my life. If we lose you, we’ll all look up to the night sky and know your with us in my heart always.